Wednesday, February 23, 2011

God, Our Father in Heaven


One of the most important truths that we teach as missionaries and as members of the church is that God is Our Loving Heavenly Father. That line nearly says it all. Heavenly Father is literally our father in Heaven! Is that cool or what? What does it mean to you to have a Father in Heaven? Do you find that it is important? I know that I do. Having a loving Heavenly Father means that we are never alone. In those times of need that always come with out a doubt, we know that we can turn to Him in prayer. Just like an earthly parent Heavenly Father wants to hear from us! He wants to know what is going on in our lives, its just like our parents here on Earth. Prayer is the communication that Heavenly Father has given us so that we can talk to Him. Think for just a moment about what you believe about God. As we learn to lean on our Heavenly Father we will begin to grow, we will live the way He has asked and as we do so I know that we will return to live with Him once again. I bear a second witness to the testimony that Jeffrey R. Holland gives in the video below. I know that God is our literal Father, I know that he loves us, and I know that He watches over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment