Saturday, January 15, 2011

You Know Enough!



I have run into people on my mission that struggle with this concept. They feel that they need to know everything about the church. To believe and live you faith as Neil L. Andersen says, "You may not know everything, but you know enough." We need not get carried away in needing to know all of the small things, answers will come through out time and diligent study. We know enough to be baptized, we know enough to live our Faith, we know enough to do these things. We need to have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father to trust in them that we know enough and that the answers they give us are what we need. What greater witness can we have than from God? "You may not know everything, but you know enough."

2 comments:

  1. As a convert to the church, I agree with you on this point. When I was considering being baptized in the church, I recognized I didn't know everything and that there was still much to learn. But the bishop interviewing me confirmed that as I was baptized and received the gift of the holy ghost, my opportunities to learn and expand my testimony would also increase--and he was right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting perspective. Don't you think it stops you from learning though? There is a lot of stuff out there, and if you have the perspective that you "know enough" you will never learn about those other things. I am a little skeptical of the objective of the church leadership on this point - there is a lot that they don't want you to know about.

    For example - have you ever heard of Joseph Smith's translation of the Kinderhook plates?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinderhook_plates

    ReplyDelete